- Visit the our partners at Connect a Million Minds and take the pledge to connect young minds to science!
- Grant deadlines will sneak up faster than you think! Take some time to create or update your grant and fellowship deadline calendar. Check out places like Grantmakers for Education and The Foundation Center to search for foundations and funders relevant to your projects.
- This new year also brings a new Congress at the federal level, as well as many new representatives at the state level. Become familiar with your local and state representatives, the 112th Congress, and the changes to the federal Afterschool Caucus so that you can be a strong advocate for afterschool programs in the next two years.
- Update your Directory listings to reflect any new calendar dates and/or times!
- Check out the conferences and events that you may be interested in attending.
Monday, January 03, 2011
Science Education in the New Year
Early January is a great time to reflect on success of the past year and to create goals for the year to come. Here are some things to do to re-commit yourself to introducing young minds to science in out of school time: