Here are some biology-, anatomy-, and medicine-themed programs from the Directory.
- Sesame Street Presents: The Body from Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana, California
- Sesame Street Presents: The Body is Discovery Science Center's most exciting exhibit all about you! This unique exhibit offers a learning experience set in the familiar and reassuring world of Sesame Street. The exhibit is an exciting collection of hands-on, interactive and multimedia experiences that allow children to explore the human body.
- Homeschool Happenings: Focus on Biology from The Health Adventure in Asheville, North Carolina
- From the simplest cells to the most complicated organisms, join us at The Health Adventure for "Focus on Biology", a six week look at the astounding life that supports, surrounds, and includes us. Students will become familiar with microscopes and video-scopes as they explore life at the microscopic level. Making their way up through the Kingdoms of Life, students will take part in a number of hands-on lessons involving DNA, botany, taxonomy, zoology, as well as activities that compare the rest of life on planet Earth to humans! Explore a world without opposable thumbs, assemble a human skeleton and role-play a red blood cell's journey through the body. In this inclusive program, students will discover which area of biology most captures their imagination and interest.
- Virtual Hip Surgery from Edheads
- Amazing Brain from the Lawrence Hall of Science in Berkeley, California
- Students examine real brains from animals such as birds, reptiles, small mammals, and even a human. They learn which parts of the brain are responsible for processing sensory information, enabling thought, and controlling bodily functions. The students observe sensory behavior of live animals and design experiments to test which sense an animal relies on most. All brain specimens are preserved and nontoxic. Respect for animals is emphasized.