I'm very excited to attend The Afterschool for All Challenge this week on Capitol Hill. The Challenge is an opportunity for community leaders, advocates, educators and after school program experts to meet elected officials and discuss the important issues in after school. Organized by the Afterschool Alliance, the Challenge features an entire day of in-depth advocacy training, the annual "Breakfast of Champions" honoring state and national Afterschool Champions, federal policy briefings, and workshops on trending topics including STEM and Digital Learning.
We are thrilled that the Challenge will recognize a Coalition Steering Committee Member at the Breakfast of Champions: Gabrielle Lyon, co-founder of Project Exploration, will be honored along with her co-founder palentologist Paul Sereno.
Even if you are thousands of miles away from Washington DC, you can still add your voice and advocate for after school!
- Sign the Afterschool Alliance's online petition
- Send a personal leter to Congress to support Federal 21st CCLC Funding for Afterschool & Summer programs
- Ask your member of Congress to join the Afterschool Caucus
- Keep up with all of the latest advocacy news through the Afterschool Alliance
- Read the latest research about the importance of after school programs
- Send the Coalition your story about impacting youth through quality after school education so that we may share it with elected officials on your behalf at the Afterschool for All Challenge
I am honored to advocate on behalf of the Coalition's 2,500+ members nationwide who are using their talents to bring STEM learning to children of all backgrounds! Thank you for your membership and continued support of the Coalition!